This won't be a "normal" blog with tutorial photos, because I didn't take photos of the process when I was making the cheesecake. I only photographed the finished product at the shower. So, I apologize for not having step-by-step instructions for you. As I said, holler at me, if you have further questions. And, I hope it turns out as YUMMY for you as it did for us. We enJOYed eating the leftovers! I had enough batter to not only fill my sprinform pan and bake the very thick cheesecake, but also to fill 24 cupcake holders! I used Oreo Cookies (whole ones) for the bottom crusts and drizzled melted semi-sweet chocolate over the top of the "mini-cheesecakes." They were just as yummy as the full-sized version.
Ok, here's the recipe... and I warn you, I'm a "detail" person, so it's going to look long and scary at first, but it's really EASY, I promise. I just like to go into lengthy details so you understand what to do! :-)
2 Tbsp. butter, melted
2 - 8 oz. Pkgs. Cream cheese, softened
1 ½ cups granulated sugar
1/3 cup cornstarch
1 T. lemon juice
1 tsp. vanilla
½ cup salted butter, melted
1 – 16 oz. carton sour cream
¾ to 1 Cup sugar
1 tsp. clear vanilla
1 cup sugar
- 2 OREO Cookie Crumb Crusts, dumped into the springform pan and pressed until firm in the bottom and up the side of the pan.
- 1 Cup Creamy Peanut Butter
- 8 oz. Dark Baking Chocolate (8 Squares melted), to coat the inside of the crust
- Sufficient Reese's Peanut Butter Cups (I quartered the small ones... 10-15 before I quartered them) to cover the bottom of the crust and chocolate coating.
- Mini-Reese's or quartered pieces/chunks of Reese's candies to place randomly over the top after the cheesecake is finished baking.
- 1/2 Cup semi-sweet chocolate chips, melted (to drizzle on top for decoration)
- Icing for garnish around the bottom (optional)
- 24 whole OREO COOKIES to make Mini-cheesecakes with leftover filling (optional)
NOTE: If you choose to top the cheesecake with a sour cream topping instead of the orange topping below, you will need to add the topping as soon as it finishes baking (or within the first 30 minutes if you need time for it to settle a little to give space at the top) and leave it in the 325 degree oven for about 10 minutes before turning the oven off.